|Position Description || |
* Acts as on-site HR Business Partner for the Calibr operating division providing front-line assistance with HR-related inquiries from all levels of staff.
* Elevates questions and issues to HR Centers of Expertise (benefits, compensation, etc.) as appropriate.
* Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs within the Calibr operating division and communicates proactively to HR team and appropriate levels of management.
* Develops partnerships across the Calibr organization to deliver value-added service to management and employees.
* Maintains an effective level of business literacy with regard to Calibr’s business model, staffing trajectory and culture, and a strong working relationship with Calibr’s divisional CFO.
* Administers and enforces various HR policies and procedures
* Help to develop, implement and train employees at all levels on HR policies, procedures and programs
* Establishes credibility throughout the organization with management and employees by being an effective listener and problem solver
* Introduces and encourages "best practices" where appropriate
* Assists with the HR planning process (i.e., talent needs assessment, organization structures, consolidations, etc.) for Calibr
* Works closely with Director of Employee Development to address employee relations issues within Calibr; provides support and training to Calibr managers in delivering coaching and/or counseling.
* Conducts Exit Interviews with employees to identify trends and make recommendations to reduce turnover and increase engagement.
* Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws related to HR.
* Responsible for full-cycle recruitment for all Calibr requisitions:
oResponsible for sourcing, screening, attracting and hiring top quality candidates, using smart and cost-effective sourcing solutions.
oProactively collaborates with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs, job competencies and skill gaps.
oConducts job analyses and drafts/updates job descriptions for new and existing positions as necessary.
oUse detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool.
oProactively utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems to track progress of applicants.
oResponsible for performing the administrative functions of the recruitment process including job postings, timely communication with candidates, requisition management, and applicant paperwork.
oDrives and manages the candidate experience throughout the selection process including offer acceptance and new hire on-boarding.
oCoordinates with applicable parties within Calibr and throughout the Institute to ensure seamless onboarding experience.
* Performs additional tasks as required
|Physical Requirements: || |
This position works in a typical office environment. With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of the physical requirements of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
|Basic Qualifications: || |
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
* Human Resources Certification preferred.
* 5+ years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience.
* 3+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner or similar role.
* 3+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience, preferably in a biotech environment.
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and business acumen.
* HR experience in a biotech or scientific research environment highly desirable.
* Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
* Proven ability to build relationships and partner across functional lines.
* Demonstrated understanding and ability to articulate, apply and enforce applicable state, federal laws and regulations and internal policies and processes.
* Knowledge and ability to implement Human Resources best practices to grow the business and talent.
* Excellent verbal and written. communication skills with a professional demeanor.
* Strong analytical, organizational and project/program management skills.
* Experience resolving conflict and dealing effectively with people at different levels and from different backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills preferred.
|EEO Statement || |
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.