|Position Description || |
* For assigned requisitions, responsible for sourcing, screening, attracting and hiring top quality candidates, using smart and cost-effective sourcing solutions.
* Proactively collaborates with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs, job competencies and skill gaps.
* Use detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool
* Proactively utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems to track progress of applicants.
* Responsible for performing the administrative functions of the recruitment process including job postings, timely communication with candidates, requisition management, and applicant paperwork.
* Drives and manage the candidate experience throughout the selection process including offer acceptance and new hire on-boarding.
* Assists in data preparation for annual Affirmative Action Plan
* Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformation to guidelines, policies, and practices, and make recommendations to managers for resolution of issues.
* Drafts promotion and equity adjustment letters memorializing employee salary increases.
* Conducts job analyses and drafts/updates job descriptions for new and existing positions as necessary.
* Participates in specified salary surveys including appropriate benchmarking of Institute positions to survey descriptions.
* Utilizes survey data to price positions and update existing salary grades.
Training and Development
* Works with HR management to develop, implement and administer merit review process.
* Utilizes Learning Management System to track legally mandated trainings.
* Assists in development and delivery of assigned training programs.
* Occasionally conducts New Employee Orientation.
* Works with the Director, Employee Development to handle employee relations cases as needed.
* Coaches and counsels managers regarding policy interpretation and application of wage and hour and other related labor laws.
* Stays abreast of and continuously demonstrates knowledge of regulatory changes which impact the institute.
* Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
|Physical Requirements: || |
This position works in a typical office environment. With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of the physical requirements of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
|Basic Qualifications: || |
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
* Human Resources Certification preferred.
* 7+ years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience.
* HR experience in a biotech or scientific research environment highly desirable
* 3+ years of compensation experience including drafting job descriptions, position benchmarking and pricing, FLSA analysis and survey completion.
* 3+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience, preferably in a biotech environment
* Must be extremely detail oriented and have ability to anticipate challenges and adjust accordingly.
* Demonstrated understanding and ability to articulate, apply and enforce applicable state, federal laws and regulations and internal policies and processes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
* Strong analytical, organizational and project/program management skills.
* Experience resolving conflict and dealing effectively with people at different levels and from different backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office, with advance Excel skills preferred.
|EEO Statement || |
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.