|Position Description || |
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Provides oversight of the day to day cleaning operations and staff (Environmental Services), including both service contract workers and internal team.
* Manages the janitorial service contract to include addressing and escalating issues with staff or services, communication with service contract representatives, and continuously monitoring quality and efficiency of cleaning services.
* Partners with procurement department to manage Environmental Services-related supply chain to ensure all supplies such as sanitizer and paper goods are continuously stocked and replenished and all related equipment is functional.
* Partners with Environmental Health & Safety and Facilities departments to implement and manage COVID-related projects such as hygiene modifications and furniture/meeting room reconfigurations.
* Manages daily operations of COVID-related programs such as temperature checks, infrared kiosks, visitor management system, COVID test sample collection and COVID cleaning protocols.
* Responsible for other operations-related projects as assigned.
* Will be considered an essential worker and expected to be on campus full time, overseeing all aspects of above.
* Assists Operations leadership in planning, scheduling, & tracking overall operations activities and compliance.
* Prepares specialized reports, presentations and forecasts.
* Continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of designated on-site activities and programs, delivery methods and procedures; identifies opportunities for improvement; monitors the implementation of changes.
* Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
* Maintains and manages relationships with internal operational and service groups including human resources, facilities, environmental health and safety, procurement, department of animal resources, security and shipping and receiving.
* Ensures that proper training is established and executed for applicable new hires and contractors.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires little to no direct supervision at this professional level. Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of department concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
Interacts regularly with scientists, hourly service staff, and management to ensure smooth and efficient operations. Presents reports and analyses to management.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Uses discretion and judgment and is competent in independent management decisions. Must be able to interact with and communicate with all levels of personnel.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
No direct supervisory duties, but position will entail functioning in a lead or advisory capacity to other operations or contract staff.
|Basic Qualifications: || |
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Minimum 5 years related operations management experience, preferably in a biotech or academic environment.
* Ability to read and understand supplier contract terms and conditions.
* Strong project management and people management skills.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); must have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
* Must possess a cooperative, service-oriented attitude and be able to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor with colleagues, research staff and others.
* Detail orientation, follow-up and follow-through skills are necessary.
|EEO Statement || |
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.