|Position Description || |
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position supports prospect and donor moves management through research, data entry, reports, and analysis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct research using a broad range of internal and external data sources to help build a pipeline of prospective individual and institutional donors with the propensity and capacity to make major gifts or grants.
* Develop briefings and profiles based on research and previous interactions to inform strategy and to prepare team members and leadership for prospect visits, calls, and events.
* Provide timely updates and news on individual and institutional prospects drawing on traditional media, social media, and other data sources.
* Track and report on fundraiser activity and prospect pools for maximum optimization of portfolios and opportunities.
* Rank and rate top prospects with tools to update and expand our network.
* Maintain the centralized prospect management database that provides a record of highly confidential prospects contacts and assignments.
The position is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the CRM database, Raiser’s Edge. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Common tasks including building and maintaining reports, dashboards, queries, exports, imports, and lists as well as responding to data requests.
* Plan, develop, and implement innovative ways to ensure processes are streamlined and efficient as the database grows.
* Monitor and maintain integrity of data including personal data, prospect research, moves management updates, and duplicate records.
* Ensure that all prospect research or fundraiser activity and constituent profile updates are being tracked in the database in a timely and accurate manner.
* Help create and maintain database policies, procedures, and training manuals.
* Troubleshoot issues on behalf of all the users.
The position will perform other duties as assigned which include but are not limited to:
* Assist the Senior Manager, Research and Strategy with general administrative tasks.
* Serve as a back-up to Administrative Assistant in her or his absence.
* Assist with the registration desk at special events.
|Physical Requirements: || |
This position works in a typical office environment. With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of the physical requirements of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
|Basic Qualifications: || |
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Communications, or similar discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Minimum 5 years demonstrated research experience, at least three years related to philanthropy research.
* Experience working with a CRM database. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT or a similar Blackbaud product is a plus.
* Outstanding ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of requests and projects with competing deadlines while maintaining a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
* High level of professionalism, respect for confidentiality, and a positive, can-do attitude.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
* Conceptual understanding of data systems, data tables, common protocols, and standards of excellence in data management.
* Strong understanding of the importance of using data-driven fundraising strategies.
* Ability to anticipate potential ways in which integrity of data systems could be compromised and ability to solve data quality problems as they arise.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours for events.
|Preferred Qualifications: || |
* Experience working at a medical research institution, university, hospital, or similar setting.
* An understanding of the moves management process.
* Experience with project management software. Knowledge of Asana is a plus.
|EEO Statement || |
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.