|Position Description || |
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Independently design, develop, and deliver scalable, secure SharePoint, Flow, PowerApp.
* Site Collection Administration and Management.
* Build environments for creating and testing "out of the box" SharePoint solutions.
* Configure standard and customized SharePoint team sites, libraries, lists, calendars, etc.
* Create and maintain custom master pages and branding.
* Create custom web parts.
* Provide user instruction and training as needed.
* Provide end user technical support on every aspect of SharePoint including day-to-day issues regarding SharePoint usage, application maintenance and permission management.
* Conduct formal meetings with key stakeholders, to gather, analyze, and translate functional business requirements and workflows into technical requirements. Analyze the feasibility and document the technical and end user specifications.
* Engage with management, team members, clients, and trade partners to build trustworthy, long term, mutually profitable relationships
* Serves as the primary point of contact for the external and internal content management system (CMS).
* Implements and troubleshoots to ensure continuous, high availability web services through use of quality technology and constant attention to detail.
* Maintain knowledge of upgrades and user implementations to maximize utility and inspire enhancements.
* Translate static design concepts into web page templates, applications, and features.
* Develop and maintain workflows and administer access in accordance with institute guidelines.
* Maintain CSS and test and ensure compatibility with supported browsers.
* Ensure optimization of search function within the website through use of page tags, etc.
* Provide training, advice and support to departmental and laboratory personnel on the appropriate and effective use of web technology, especially through advocacy of using a consistent look and feel.
* Implement and troubleshoot web server security and stability.
* Uses HTML/PHP and other programming/coding tools to support web content.
* Assist the Office of Communications and other departments (such as the Graduate School, Library, Human Resources, and others) in adapting content to the institutional web structure.
* Working under the supervision of the Applications Engineering, Dir, develops and maintains a strategic plan for the Institute’s internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
* Create enhancements and modifications to the web site by assessing new standards, technologies and trends, and formulates strategies and plans for enhancing the site; maintain cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility so that the web site is accessible from a variety of different environments.
* Analyze traffic statistics and error logs, ensuring links are up to date.
* Check bugs and problems, diagnose and fix, or escalate to appropriate support group.
* Respond to 2nd level tickets coming into the Issues Tracker for problem resolution, changes to new or existing sites, lists, libraries and solutions.
* Performs other duties as assigned by User Support and management.
|Basic Qualifications: || |
* Bachelor’s degree in information systems technology, computer science, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained.
* SharePoint Development: 5 years (Required)
* Hands-on experience with Office 365/SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016.
* Knowledge of the following tools and capabilities would be useful but are not required: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, or another CMS. SQL, PowerBI, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint Object Model, SharePoint App Model, Client-Side Object Model, and REST API, Adobe Products.
* Minimum one year related experience with Windows and UNIX operating systems, including specific project experience in website programming or authoring required.
* Knowledge of web design, development, and implementation, including basic composition, page layout, and presentation packages such as Adobe.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of current trends and technology in the field of information systems.
* Basic knowledge of Linux for server side web maintenance.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and high attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
* Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with web development project team members and institute staff.
* Experience with PHP or similar framework, XML and related technologies such as XPath, XSLT, XSL, content management systems, Linux Command Line, and/or photo editing, drawing, and multimedia software highly desired.
* Knowledgeable of what functionality can be configured out-of-the-box and what functionality requires extra customized development, while keeping in mind the integrity and stability of the SharePoint environment.
* Ability to influence people, build relationships, collaborate, and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
* Knowledge of building web parts, page layouts and content types using the SharePoint user interface.
* Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Enterprise Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
|EEO Statement || |
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.